Thursday, May 3, 2012

A little time play

This is my post as of two days ago. I wanted to write to myself for a little while before I actually let the world know how things really went. You also have to keep in mind that for the last week I have been purposely keeping myself awake and going to sleep at the wrong times to do a modified 30something hour days where I am awake for about 20 hours and sleep for 10. (I know it sounds made up but I make it work) So although I wrote this post last night, It feels like its been sitting there for a week.

4:32am 5/2/12
Tonight is a night of many things to be considered and to be taken care of.
Not really, but I am in an odd emotional rut so please bare with me as I rant my brains out.
I have consumed more coffee in the last 3 days than I have literally, in the past year. I'm averaging about 8-10 cups every night. I'm doing this only because I discovered that when the enormous tidal wave of caffeine hits me I can read entire pages in about a minute and remember the entire thing the next morning. Keep in mind these pages are out of textbooks that weigh more than my left leg. Whats pissing me off at the moment however is that although I've been doing this extremely unhealthy yet effective studying for the past 3 days, it meant nothing for my biology exam today. Very little of the material that was supposed to be covered in it actually was in it. Meaning, that the approximate 75-100something pages I read last night were next to useless when I sat down and starting filling in the cheap little whore bubbles that they always remind you how to do, even though we've been brainwashed how to since our larval stages.
Larva? Ugh.
I can describe to you IN DETAIL how the circulation and oxygen diffusion system works in an Arthropod's exoskeleton. I can physically SHOW you the dance of how a honey bee scout can give directions to the rest of the hive members based upon the position of the sun and the magnetic poles of the Earth. I can draw flippin DIAGRAMS of how a human neuron sends and receives chemical and electrical impulses through its many dendrites and along its main axon chain, most of which has to do with the polarities and positioning of Sodium, Potassium and Calcium ions inside the multiple bi-lipid membranes of the synaptic cleft.

All of this memorized in one night.

Was any of it on the final?





no.




Coffee's done enough for me. I'm switching to a new poison. I hear arsenic and Kool-Aid makes a fantastic cocktail and I've been Jonesing (Hah, suicide pun) to try it.

Hold that thought, I'm going for an aggravated ride.

(2 hours, 10 uphill miles, and 1 passively aggressive email later)

I feel a lot better.


10:14pm 5/3/12 
Things really are a going better since last night. While taking that ride I (Accidently!!!) almost ran over a rabbit on my bike. That's not the happy part, but you gotta admit that's worth at least an Xbox achievement or something. My email to my professor did just the trick, and I am going in to retake a similar exam tomorrow morning. Watched a bootlegged version of the Avengers, which was pretty epic. I might go tonight just to see it in theater quality. I also took an Anthropology exam today, which I feel very confident on. I went to work today too, which always brightens my mood both because the people and my supervisor's are amazing, and because there is always a ton of free gourmet chef-cooked food to go around.I was also told I looked like I lost even more weight since the last time I came in. Although this is odd for me, I take it as a compliment because this means that once I start my real workouts, I will be extremely tone and cut in all the right ways.

I think you are using too much sun screen, your bra seems to have fallen off.

I can't wait to start my summer. Just like Semisonic once said, (After telling everyone to get out) "Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end."


1 comment:

  1. Hank, your new habits just might be the death of you. When are finals over??

    ReplyDelete