On a side note, language barriers are dumb excuse for not trying to be friends with people. I conversed and got to know twenty plus people who spoke barely any English, and I can still tell you most of their names, where they are from, and what form of compliment they gave me for being "Not Asian."
Sunday, October 9, 2011
Asian Invasion
You want a truly fun night at college? Go to an all Asian party and be the ONLY American on the entire floor. The thing about Asians is that they all seem to think that if you're an american then you're automatically the coolest person in the room, and when its a thirty to one ratio then you're pretty set for a fun night. Seriously though, any prejudice went right out the window. Every guy makes sure you never have an empty beer (I don't drink so I had to turn them all down, but they all love the idea of Americans being super drinkers) and every girl thinks you're the coolest strongest funniest most american American they've ever met. Wanna be cool? Play their odd versions of rock paper scissors and win. Wanna be great? Speak Japanese to them. Wanna be their God? beat one of them at arm wrestling while everyone is watching (I have never seen a group go so crazy over arm wrestling). In all honesty, it was one of the best parties I've been to, and I think its because I didn't have to act like I understood "The way of the cool folk" as is in the usual college drinking parties.
On a side note, language barriers are dumb excuse for not trying to be friends with people. I conversed and got to know twenty plus people who spoke barely any English, and I can still tell you most of their names, where they are from, and what form of compliment they gave me for being "Not Asian."
On a side note, language barriers are dumb excuse for not trying to be friends with people. I conversed and got to know twenty plus people who spoke barely any English, and I can still tell you most of their names, where they are from, and what form of compliment they gave me for being "Not Asian."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
haha did you just find your niche in college?
ReplyDeleteYou know what, I think I just might have. Not like anyone else is cool enough to hang with me anyway
ReplyDelete